Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Foreign Service Update

I have been silent on this topic for quite awhile, but thanks to one of my readers I was reminded to put up a little more information.

Currently I am 76 out of 96 on the consular list. My eligibility expires in October of 2008, and with four more classes being hired, my chances are slim. But I'm persevering and am planning on taking the exam again in March. If I fail, I will have to wait until March of 2009 to take it again so this could be it. We'll see.

I'm still excited about the possibility of being part of the Foreign Service although I am nervous as well about the changes and the challenges that I will face. But I know that I keep coming back to this opportunity over and over again and I continue to be excited and hopeful.

No comments: