Monday, February 12, 2007

Music Is Hard Work

So to answer a question...

My suitcase was packed for a Godspell cast retreat this weekend. Since rehearsals began in January for the musical, we have not yet had a complete run through of the show. This weekend was a chance to get away in the foothills of the Shenandoah mountains for two days and spend the entire weekend working on the show.

We learned choreography, we rehearsed our songs, we had to be off script completely with our lines, we had to put it all together.

I can't say enough about the hard work of our director, Kacey, producer Heather, choreographer Tiffani, vocal coaches Sarah and Ellen, and artistic director, Genevieve. They have put so much of themselves and sacrificed so much for us that I am truly grateful.

The show is coming along slowly. For the record, I am part of a tourist couple. My "husband" is married to the producer in real life, so I have a good time teasing them about my role in their marriage! I also have two solos and am nervous but excited about these opportunities.

I'll post updates over the next weeks. The show is Easter weekend and the weekend before. If you're in the area, buy a ticket, invite a friend, come ready to laugh, cry, think, be challenged, be changed.

No comments: