Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Weight Watchers!

So today I joined millions of others around the world in participating in a lifestyle change called Weight Watchers. Although I am not significantly overweight, I am perhaps the heaviest I have ever been in my life and I just don't feel as comfortable in my own skin as I would like to feel.

I signed on for this to re-establish my eating habits, re-learn what a portion size should be and understand exactly how much food I should be eating each day, not how much I want to eat or have been eating. I have felt out of control for a while now when it came to my eating - not particularly the quality of the food I was eating, but primarily the quantity and the splurges.

So I guess you all will have to put up with my "Weight Watchers Ruminations" for a bit here on the blog. However, this is part of my road, my journey and I hope that this sense of control and regaining control over my physical body will have applications to my spiritual body as well. I will post on that in a bit.

For those who want to watch the progress happening :)

Today's weigh in: 153.8 pounds
Goal: 135

Let the fun begin!

2 comments:

Elsy said...

Weird! My computer isn't freezing tonight! Maybe it is because I am on here in the middle of the night? Well, I am so excited to share this WW journey with you. Good luck, you can do it!!!

Anonymous said...

You are so brave to post all that (you won't be seeing my stats anytime soon)!! You go!! I pray you success!
You are beautiful!

Cher