Friday, February 01, 2008

January Updates

So it has been over a month since I last wrote. At the moment I'm sitting in a hotel room in Frisco, CO about nine miles from Breckenridge. I just spent the last week in Denver on business and since I was in the area, thought I would take a couple days and head into the mountains for some skiing. I'm in a bit of a conundrum however because I can't decide if I should just go hard core skiing over the next 2.5 days or if I should throw some snowboarding in there as well. I may hold off on the snowboarding for the wild mountains of Western Maryland. By the way, I learned how to snowboard for the first time last weekend on those mountains. And I have the bruises and sore muscles to prove it. I'm also consider some spa time and maybe a snowmobile tour over the Continental Divide, but I can't quite decide.

It should be fun and although I'm by myself, I know I'll make some snow bum friends.

This month I also spent a week in Florida - Orlando to be exact - also for work. I tell you I sure get around with this company. I'm not complaining because although it was a tough transition for me last year, I am getting used to the company and the job. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for the Foreign Service however.

Last weekend was also our yearly leadership retreat at church and it was a great time of getting together with other leaders and learning more about what it means to be a leader in leading others and helping others to be leaders and grow in their own personal leadership :)

I'll write more later about my excellent adventure here in the mountains of Colorado. For now, I'm going to go put on my moon boots and long underwear and look around town. And for the record, I'm going to hang out at Copper Mountain this weekend. My fellow van mates all said that it was the best mountain in this area. I'll let you know what I think. Cheers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You woman of the world!! How wonderful that you've taken this trip.
Oooo...I say do a spa day. Maybe after you get a few more bumps and bruises on the slopes (not too many though, just enough to show off, ok?)
Ah...that sounds heavenly about now--a spa day. I would LOVE that.
Wish I could join you.

Anonymous said...

It's about time you caught us up!! :) Glad you're having fun...but I'm ready for you to get back here!

Christy