Thursday, July 20, 2006

A Great Read

If you hang around downtown DC, you may occasionally notice street vendors selling a newspaper called Street Sense. It is by the homeless about the homeless and the $1.00 it costs to purchase provides income for the homeless vendor selling the paper. They receive $0.75 of every paper sold.

I have purchased a few papers over the past couple years and they are a great read on a topic that I don't know that much about nor am I very involved in. This is not a whiny paper, but an interesting factual paper. There are several pieces that I find fascinating, particularly the articles, photos, poems, and serial stories written by the vendors themselves.

This weeks issue was one of the best I've seen.

I encourage you to check out the paper. Subscribe to it and have it delivered to your home. Purchase a paper from a local vendor. It's worth it.

www.streetsense.org

No comments: