Monday, October 27, 2008

Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow

That's about all I can say this week. And for the past couple of weeks. I can't say that I have always said this or have thought it or acted like it at times, but man, God deserves all praise. In spite of the crazy economy (with friends losing jobs) and hearing stories of other friends getting seriously sick or having some serious run ins with the law, God is good. And He deserves our praise whether we are feeling it or not.

I feel so blessed right now that I am moving to a new place and I'm so extremely blessed to have the incredible living situation I have had for the past 3 1/2 years. Dawson House is wonderful! My job is super great and I enjoy every minute of it. And now I'll be closer so I'm excited about the new opportunities that is providing me as well. In addition, I get to go on a super cool vacation next week. I'm excited and so grateful that I can do really neat things like this. I've never been to the Grand Canyon so backpacking it for four days is going to be awesome! Plus I'll get to hang out with my dad so that's going to be great too. And I'm planning on seeing a Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas. That is on my life to do list so it should be super fun. All that to say God is so good to me and I'm so grateful for the many blessings of friends, family, and life in general.

I'm also waiting to hear one more piece of news about the Foreign Service. The past month has been a rollercoaster in regards to it and I'm not exactly sure what's going to happen next. My eligibility was supposed to expire on October 12, but State granted an extension to a small group of people and I ended up having a six month extension moving my expiration date to April 2009. I'm right on the bubble of getting hired for a January start date. All this to say, I look back on this journey that started in February of 2006 and see that God has brought me this far. To Him be the glory.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome (the whole thing, but especially the Foreign Service part). I would be sad to see you leave, especially now that we get to work together, but I'm also excited for you and really hope you get the position!