Monday, June 26, 2006

Saying Goodbye

This past weekend was kind of weird. On Saturday, I spent the day saying goodbye to two friends I have known for the past 1 1/2 years. I spent the afternoon with one eating and riding bikes and the evening with the other in a house full of people for a barbecue and impromptu dance party that lasted beyond midnight. I was sad at saying goodbye to them both and realizing that I may never see either of them again. Not for any particularly bad reason, but simply that we may never again be in the same place at the same time.

Just today I was telling a co-worker about how this and it hit me why I've had such an odd reaction to the departure of two friends. Usually I am the one who is leaving. I think this may be one of the first times in my life that I am staying behind and seeing friends leave. It has happened only a handful of other times, but for some reason it really sticks out as completely unusual.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm glad you got to experience the other side!