Friday, March 28, 2008

My Birthday

Last Saturday was my 32nd birthday and I had such a fun day. It started with a regular monthly brunch with a couple of friends. It just happened to land on my birthday this year which was great.

Then I picked up my friend Greg from the metro and we met a group of other friends and roommates at the National Arboretum. I've never been and have wanted to go. The weather started off a bit cloudy, but the sun came out and it was gorgeous. Christy, Anne and Katie came up with a scavenger hunt for us so we broke into two teams and drove around the grounds looking for crazy things like a crocus, a cherry blossom tree, a reptile and a black squirrel. It was a lot of fun. Then we walked around the bonsai trees and I found one that was started the year I was born! How fun is that.

Then we headed to H street to grab a bite to eat and something to drink. We ended up in this great Caribbean restaurant. Rum punch, plantains, oxtail, rice and beans...it was so yummy and the staff were awesome.

Then back to the house for a super chill time of presents, pizza, cake, talking and watching the Bee Movie. My friend Josh came over and hung out with us girls. Such a great and relaxing day.

I can't wait to get back to the Arboretum - it was so beautiful.

Thanks to Christy and Anne for the planning and thanks to all my friends for enjoying the day with me.

1 comment:

Christy said...

You are welcome. I loved it. And if I do say so myself--it was a fab day! ;)