Friday, April 07, 2006

Test Taking is FUN!!!

Tomorrow I sit for the Foreign Service Written Examination (FSWE) which is the first step in becoming a Foreign Service Officer (FSO) with the Department of State. I'm not sure how well prepared I am, but I am looking forward to seeing what this test is all about. I want to send a shout out to those on the Yahoo groups listserv for the encouragement, support, laughs, and thought provoking discussions over the past month. I'm sure I would be way more nervous than I am now if it hadn't been for them.

The test is pretty grueling starting at 8am and finishing around 2pm. There are three major sections and a written essay portion. Depending on how well I do tomorrow, I may move onto the next step which is an oral assessment sometime in the fall/early spring 2007 or I will have to study for the next year and sit for the exam again next year.

Here goes nothing!

For more information visit www.state.gov

6 comments:

Hyla said...

oh wow! Good luck Lisa! Dave Young and Circe are taking the test tomorrow, too. They are fellow NCC'ers...maybe you'll see them.
Can't wait to hear how it went!

Lisa said...

Hyla :) I don't think I know who they are. You'll have to point them out to me sometime. The test went pretty well...I think. Gotta wait until July to find out the results. In the meantime, I want to sleep. I'm tired and my brain hurts kinda. Maybe I'll eat some ice cream. See ya...

ben said...

Hello, I got to your site from the FSWE yahoo study group...it's a great site, thank you for pointing me to it.

I hope you did excellent on the test and that you get invited to the oral!

I also took it this morning, and I'm glad it's over for this year, now I can go back to only worrying about classes and work and the other 100 million things that need to get done.

Anyway, I just wanted to offer a few words of encouragement

Consul-At-Arms said...

I hope your FSWE results will be just the way you want them.

Dave, Ami, Hadleigh Claire, Annelise, and True said...

This makes me think of the old classic "Spies Like Us" with Chevy Chase...I just have to ask, did you put all the answers to the test inside a fake cast and pretend that your arm was broken? If you haven't seen that movie you need to rent it!

Consul-At-Arms said...

I love that movie! In fact, I recently rented it as part of my prep to be a FSWE proctor.