Wednesday, November 09, 2005

IceBound

So my recent obsession has been Antarctica. I've been fascinated by the place and have wanted to get down that way for years now. Every once in a while I hear a story on NPR about some random person who gets to be the janitor or dish washer on the base in Antarctica. So last year I found out how to get hired by the company staffing the base. I plan on going to Colorado in the spring of 2006 for a job fair. I will not leave there without a job! Any job will do as long as it gets me on the ice.

A friend at work sent me the blog of a girl that he met through another friend. Anyway, she is currently at the bottom of the world working as the salad bar girl. It's a great blog and I hope to have something similar this time next year.

If I do make it down there (with additional plans to visit New Zealand, Australia, and Papua New Guinea) I will have hit all seven continents.

I want to go so bad I can taste it.

1 comment:

Christy said...

You are NOT going. Enough of this "ice chat." Start thinking about warm beaches.... besides, who would take care of that dog????